Friday, December 7, 2018

Speech

Speech
Direct n indirect speech
Basic rules
To change
Direct speech to indirect speech

Rule 1:
change the reporting verb according
To reported speech
Ex
Ram said,"I am very busy now"
-ram said that he was very busy now.

Ram said to me,"I shall go to the picture now"
-ram told me that he would go to the picture
That day.

Said to changed into told

Rule 2:
remove the inverted commas from direct speech
And replace them with appropriate conjunction .
Eg
Ram said to me,"I shall go to the picture today"
-ram told me that I would go ti the picture that
Day

Rule 3:
1St person pronoun(I we) of reported speech is changed according to the subject of reporting verb
Eg
She says,"I am an honest woman"(direct)
-she says that she is an honest woman.

RULE 4:
2ND person(you) pronoun of reported speech is
Changed according to the object..
Eg
She says to me,"you have done your work"
-she tells me that I have done my work

Rule 5:
3rd person(he/sh/e they) pronoun of reported speech is not changed..
Eg
He says,"he does not work hard"
-he says that he does not work hard.

Rule 6:
if reporting verb is in present or future
Tense
Then there will be no change
In the verb or reported speech
eg
Ram says," I have eaten rice"
-ram says that I have eaten rice.
He says, "he doesn't work hard"
-he says that he doesnot work hard.
The teacher will say,"she is dancing tonight"
-the teacher will say that she is dancing
That night

Rule 7:
if reporting verb is past tense
Then the tense or verb of reported
Speech will be changed
Into corresponding past tense
Eg
The teacher said," I am suffering from
Fever"
Direct speech ?
The teacher said that he was
Sufferring from fever.
Indirect speech

Change in tense
Direct to indirect
Simple present-simple past
Present continuous -past continuous
present perfect-past perfect
present perfect continuous-past perfect continuous
Simple past-past perfect
Past continuous -past perfect continuous
Will/shall-would
Can-could
May-might

Rule 8:
if reporting speech has
Past historical fact
Universal truth
habitual fact
NO CHANGE
Eg
Ram said to me,"he palys with his
right hand"(Direct speech )
Habitual fact
Ram told me that he plays with
Right hand.
our teacher said,"prithivi narayan
Shah had won the battle of
Kritipur
On 12th march 1776"
-historical fact
Our teacher told that Prithibinarayan
Shah had won the battle of
Kritipur
On 12th march 1776.

Rule 9:
if reporting speech has two actions
To be happened at a time
Then there is no change in the tense.

Eg:
he said,"My wife was making lunch
When I was studying "
-he said that his wife was making lunch
When he was studying .

Rule 10:
IMaGined conditions -NO CHANGE
Eg
He said," if I were rich, I would help her"
-he said that if he was rich he would
Help her.

Rule 11:
Had 3rd form
To infinite and would , could , should,
Must, might, ought to etc
NO CHANGE

Eg
He said to me," you should away your
elders "
-he told me that I should away my elders .

                       "fixed CHANGES"

Direct-indirect
Here-there
Now-then
This-that
These-those
Today- that day
tonight -that night
yesterday -the previous day
Last night-the previous night
tomorrow -the next day
Ago-before
Come-go
Hence-thence

Like comment sharehttps://youtu.be/JqGWvYiOpAM








https://youtu.be/JqGWvYiOpAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

वंश, वंशाणु र क्रम विकास

    वंश , वंशाणु र क्रम विकास   क्रम विकास: पृथ्वीमा रहेका विभिन्न जीवहरू यही रूपमा उत्पत्ति भएका होइनन , यी जीवको विकास एकैपटक नभई ...