Friday, December 7, 2018

Voice

Voice

Active/passive
subject #verb#object(active)
object#is/am/are#v3#by#subject(passive)

methods:

1.object is changed to subject
2.subject is changed to object & preceded the word:by

Golden rules of changes of voice
according to the
Tense..
tense
past
present
future

past:
simple past:s#v3#o
past continuous :s#was/were#o
past perfect:s#had#v3#o
past pertect continuous : s#had been#v4(ing)#o

present
simple present:s#v1#o
present continuous :s#is/am/are#v4#o
perfect:s#has/have been#v3#o
present pertect continuous : s#had been#v4(ing)#o

future
simple future:s#will shall #v1#o
future continuous:s#will/shall be v4(ing)#o
perfect future:s#will have been#v3#o


future pertect continuous : s#will/shall have been#v4(ing)#o

Simple present
Eg:shyam helps me
I am helped by shyam
present continuous 
Eg: shyam is playing football
Football is being played by ...
present perfect 
Eg: she has stolen my heart
My heart has been stolen by her
perfect continuous 
She has been stealing my books
My books have been stolen

Simple past
Eg:edison invented the first bulb
The first bulb was invented by edison
Past continuous 
Eg: he was playing football
Football was being played by him
Past perfect
She had stolen my heart
My heart had been stolen by her
Past perfect continuous 
She had been stealing my books
My books had been being stolen by her

Simple future
Eg:
I shall write many books
Many books will be written by me.
Future continuous 
Ram will be playing football
Football will be being played by ram
Future perfect 
I shall have written many books
Many books will have been written by me

#verbs followed by modals
Be is inserted in between verb and modal while converting active voice to passive voice
examples ;
I can lift this heavy bag(Active)
-This heavy bag can be lifted by me(passive)
He could not buy this house
- this house cannot be bought by him
Would you return my bag?
-Would my bag be returned by you?
May I help you ?
-May you be helped by me?
Who will solve this puzzel?
- By whom this puzzel be solved?

Imperative sentences 
Words like please kindly let are replaced by
Let#newobject#be/not be #v3
sentences involving request advice order are
started with
You are requested advised ordered 
Examples:
close the door(active )
-let the door be closed .
Do it
-Let it be done.
Donot neglect the poor.
Let the poor not be neglected.

infinite verbs
Eg:
we ought to respect our teachers.(active )
-we ought our teacher to be respected.
There is not shop to let.
-there is no shop to be let.
You have to remove your car.
-Your car has to be removed by you

When two objects are given
-Objects near to the verb is changed to subject
Eg:
He touches us english.
-We are taught english by him.
I shall give you hundred dollar
-She will be given hundred dollar by me.

sentences followed by prepositions
-V1 is replaced by v3 and followed by same preposition.

Eg
He is listening to me(active )
-I am being listened to by him.
 Who was shouting at the poor man?
-By whom was the poor man being shouted at?
She will not object my proposal.
-My Proposal will not be objected to by her.

BY is not used
Eg
His death shocked all
-All were shocked at his death.
Your behaviour annoyed me.
-I was annoyed at your behaviour 
Social work interests me.
-I am interested in social work.https://youtu.be/JqGWvYiOpAM















No comments:

Post a Comment

वंश, वंशाणु र क्रम विकास

    वंश , वंशाणु र क्रम विकास   क्रम विकास: पृथ्वीमा रहेका विभिन्न जीवहरू यही रूपमा उत्पत्ति भएका होइनन , यी जीवको विकास एकैपटक नभई ...